Friday, November 19, 2010

Jaipur


Yesterday we spent the day touring Jaipur. Jaipur is smaller than Hyderabad and Mumbai, but still quite populated. Every city so far has had a completely different feel. Jaipur is known for great colonial "Palace" architecture. Here is the floating palace -- it is in the middle of a lake and has 3 stories under water.


the food has been great, so much more flavorful than the Indian food in the US-- I have been very careful not to eat street food or other food that could make me sick -- so far so good! Below is yesterday's lunch.


Today for lunch we had mutton brain curry! I am a pretty adventurous eater, but this was pushing it. Aside from the mental image of it being a goat's brain, it was pretty tasty (but it didn't taste like chicken).

Here I am charming a snake! I know , typical tourist, but I survived bite free!

Here is one of the palaces we visited, built by royalty back in colonial times. It was too large to get the whole thing in one picture.
One of the sites we visited was a park of sun dials. Below is the worlds largest sun dial which has an accuracy within 2 seconds!


Monkey's are all around -- these one's however are not on leashes!In the evening we visited a Rajastan Cultural Theme park. It had all kinds of music, dancing, and even camel rides -- for 25 cents I got to ride a camel!
Tomorrow we move on to Agra and visit the Taj Mahal!! Very excited to see this Wonder of the World!

3 comments:

  1. What an adventure! The palace on the water is fascinating.

    At what point did you get the mark on your forehead (and what is it supposed to signify)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the water palace beautiful? There is another one in the country that is a 5 star hotel!

    The mark came from the amusement park, but I also got one when we checked in to the hotel we are in. I am not sure what it means actually, I'll have to ask about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food is making my mouth water. The amusement park seems really cool too.

    ReplyDelete